Gallantry Awards is medal awarded for outstanding gallantry during the ride.
Gallantry Awards gives men and women in courageous behavior, especially in battle.
Gallantry Awards is Most Respective Awards in India.
- Param Vir Chakra The India highest award of Bravery. Major Somnath Sharma (31 January 1923 – 3 November 1947) an Indian Army officer. The first recipient of Param Vir Chakra (PVC).
- Mahavir Chakra The second highest decoration and is awarded for acts of conspicuous gallantry in the presence of the enemy. Lt, Colonel Dewan Ranjit Rai (1947 India Pakistan Kashmir war) First recipient of Mahavir Chakra.
- Vir Chakra The third highest award in gallantry. The first recipient of Vir Chakra Wg Cdr R.C.Kohli Indian Air Force (26th Jan 1972, 1971 Pakistan war).
- Ashok Chakra This gallantry award given for some daring sacrifice. The first recipient of Narbahadur Thapa Ashok Chakra recipients 1952.
- Kirti Chakra The decoration is awarded for conspicuous gallantry.
- Shaurya Chakra The decoration is awarded for an act of gallantry. It is exactly like Ashok Chakra, except that it is made of bronze.
- Param Vishisht Seva Medal, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal and Vishisht Seva Medal: The Vishisht Seva (Distinguished Service) Medals are awarded to personnel of all the three services in recognition of distinguished service of the most exceptional, exceptional and high order respectively.