What is a database
Definition :- Database is a organized collection of data that are related in meaningful information, which can be accessed by different user but stored only once.
Application of database
You needs to certain operation which help to the maintain data in database. The most common operations performed on database are:
- Insertion :- This operation add new data into the database. i.e. Add new phone number into the telephone directory.
- Selection :- This operation view the stored data. i.e. View the telephone name of the person from telephone directory.
- Updation :- This operation modify the data. i.e. Replace the old phone number with new phone number from directory.
- Deletion :- This operation delete a data from the directory.
- Sorting :- This operation arrange the data in desired order.